Monday, October 01, 2007

Hello World

I’ve tried this once before with very little success. Not because something was wrong with the site - it was perfectly fine. I managed to do one post back in January of 2006 and then I stopped blogging. Oh well, here goes another effort.

I travel with Liberty Quartet based out of Boise, ID and another one of the guys (a certain bald tenor who shall remain nameless) has a blog and he posts anything he wants and shares pictures of the rest of us to his disgression. I’m thinking that a little equal time is necessary so I’m exploring the blogging world once again.

I’m finding that the best things in life are the ones you take the time to appreciate and enjoy. There’s always things to do - a person can occupy themself with busy work all day long - but, there’s nothing like spending time with your family. One of my favorite things to do is just to be with my wife and kids making memories, laughing together, and playing. I’m definitely finding that if my family is happy, I’m pretty content.

Well, we (Liberty Quartet) just finished our Eastern Tour. We were able to take in NQC for the first time in Louisville, KY - that was a great experience. I got to spend time with my family in Virgina ( they drove from PA), my inlaws in Kentucky, and a great pastor friend in Ohio. In spite of all the fun, I’m really glad to be home for the weekend. I absolutely love going to church with my family and worshipping with my wife beside me!

Well, stop by and say hi
Later

9 comments:

Jon Plank said...

cool. post some more.

Shanna Locker said...

Nice to find your blog - thanks to Ellen. I'll check it everytime I check Keith's.
Shanna

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the "wrong" blog in my favorites last night(meant to click on the one below yours)... but it turned out to be the RIGHT one! I never had checked yours regularly because there was never anything new there! But lo and behold, a "wrong" click led me to your blog on the first day you posted in centuries (or a year or two)... I encourage you to continue to explore the blogging world on a regular basis. I am sure you have much to contribute.

LaPine, here I come!

Ellen

Keith said...

Shanna, hopefully he posts more than I do. Post a lot and make me look bad, Doran.

Ellen said...

Great concert tonight in LaPine! I look forward to hearing y'all next in Eugene at the PGMA. Will be just a mite closer to home for me...

Hopefully blogging will prove to be more of a pleasure for you than a pain. Looking forward to future postings.

Dorcas said...

Hey Doran!!
Welcome to the blogging world ~ again!! I hope you update this often & put pictures on of your family. Tell Diane I said hello!

Allen Mowery said...

Hey, what's happening? Nice to see your expanding web presence :-)

Tamra said...

Hey Doran! Glad to see you are blogging! Tell Diane hello.

Anonymous said...

Hey Doran,
Great sight. It's great to see pics of your family. They are a lot prettier than you.