Thursday, November 08, 2007

Moving on now...

I realize that everything has been focused on a Mr. Keith Waggoner lately - it's definitely time to move on to more interesting things. I guess I don't understand how he finds so much time to post so regularly but hey, each man has his own list of priorities.

Well, in my life I have been traveling and then traveling some more while my daughter Courtney is doing the 2nd grade school thing and Taylor continues to beller out Liberty tunes. Diane is a hard working, busy Mom with a full-time job at Gold's Gym. That's life on a regular basis but we do find time for family fun, and church, etc.

Here's a picture of the latest family fun - a little neighborhood trick-or-treating. Taylor was a Power Ranger and Courtney a Princess. Diane was beautiful and me, well - I just showed up.

Spider Man is the neighbor boy (Alex) and Mr Power Ranger (Taylor) is looking on in amazement.

Here's my little Princess.

I opted for no costume - I figure it was bad enough the way it was. Thankfully Di helps bring beauty to the relationship.

As far as church, we are really enjoying our worship experience at Nampa First Church of the Nazarene. www.nfcnaz.org Pastor Kent is an incredible pastor and has a passion for God that comes through in his personality and ministry. The music department is led by Mike Wiebe and he does a great job blending traditional hymns with contemporary choruses. Diane is getting more involved doing some choir accompanying, and singing and playing keyboards for praise team.

On Tuesday evenings Diane and I go to a small group Bible study that we have really been enjoying. We have been studying the book "Power to Be Free" which talks about being led by the Spirit of God. Life can be so crazy sometimes -it's great to slow down and take time to pray with friends and discuss spiritual issues.

Well, we're on the road to the Pacific Gospel Music Association Convention (long enough name?) We (Liberty Quartet) are one of the featured groups - it should be a great time. I'll post some pics later. By the way, I get to be part of a cool event... I'll tell you later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doran,beauty is in the eye of the beholder,so let me tell you that you and all of you family are beautiful! I hope to meet them someday. Shelby

Ellen said...

You actually weren't kidding tonight when you told me you posted!

Looking forward to that "cool event". I assume you mean Saturday morning, as you kept it singular. I think it will be a cool event Saturday evening, too, however. Can't beat Liberty + Food + Fellowship!

Boog said...

Reagan would be totally devastated (never could spell that word!) if he saw the Spiderman dude. He's loved him since he was a tyke and hasn't divorced him yet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro.
Interesting news. I'll be checking your blog frequently. Good pictures of the Fam. Keep up the good work.

Titus

Brenda said...

Hey good to hear news from you all clear out in Idaho! Tell Diane I said Hi!
Brenda Maley
Penn View Bible Institute